Re: orinoco wirless card not detected

Hi Michael,

Thanks very much for the detailed reply. We have very
similar systems, so it looks like the only thing
standing between me and a working system is my
ignorance. I use an Orinoco Gold card and the RG1000
(it has a built-in dial-up modem which I use because I
live in a remote town in New Mexico where cable is a
distant dream). I tried reinstalling Debian Woody
using the 2.4.18 kernel, and also chose the orinoco
and hermes drivers and pcmcia modules during the
"configure device drive modules" part of the
installation. (I wasn't able to find the hermes.conf
file.)But after rebooting and doing a "modprobe eth1"
the card still isn't detected. I noticed you are
running sid. Could it be that woody just has problems
with wireless setups?

Thanks again for the advice,

Tim

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/