Re: Self-built kernel problems

On 2003.10.14 01:12, Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:

I recently built my own kernels using make-kpkg and the Debian kernel sources (from testing) for 2.4.20 through 2.4.22.

For configuration, I've loaded my current 2.4.18-1-686 config and let it write out defaults for the new stuff. On one batch, I changed the processor to Pentium 4. Other times, I left it as 686.

All times, I got the following message, followed by a freeze:

calibrating APIC timer ...
..... CPU clock speed is 3056.6050 MHz.
..... host bus clock speed is 0 MHz.
cpu: 0, clocks: 0, slice: 0

Try looking for the option that reads something like "Enable support for APIC on Uniprocessor" and turn it off, rebuild kernel and see if that solves the problem.