Re: Configuring iwconfig?

On Sun, 2003-10-12 at 21:06, Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
> What's the best way to make iwconfig remember its settings (essid, key,
> et c.) across a reboot? I'd like to have my wireless card connect on
> startup, but it won't until I feed it the WEP settings and such. It's a
> mini-PCI card, so pcmcia options won't work.

Debian uses the great little ifup/down scripts for handling network
interfaces. Take a look at /etc/network/interfaces and check "man
interfaces" and "man iwconfig". You can pass iwconfig options to the
ifup/down scripts including WEP keys, etc. If you set the "auto" flag
for that particular device, it should automatically start up, configure
itself, and connect at bootup.

Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837