IBM Thinkapad T23 & soundcard problem

Hi!

This notebook has Intel 82801CA/CAM AC'97 card according to lspci. I've
read some article about how to configure the soundcard. Some says it
works with oss driver (i810_audio), some says it only works with alsa
(intel8x0). I've tried both, but the end was the same. The modules
loaded successfully but I can't hear any sound.
According to Red Hat articles sndconfig can set it. So I installed
sndconfig and tried it. It detected the rigth card, loaded the modules,
but no sound.

What should I try next?

--

	Hubidubi