Re: reiserfs vs ext3fs

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, PF wrote:

P>     I found no faq or thread about comparing ReiserFS and Ext3FS for use on
P> laptops.
P>
P> Can someone tell me her/his impressions? I'd like to install a Debian 3.1 on
P> a HP Omnibook and I wish using journaled fs principally to avoid fschk's...

Don't know much about the differences. What I noticed is a substantial
decrease in speed when I changed from ext2 to ext3 (by adding a journal).
hdparm reported up to 30% less transfer rate.

I would be interested in the confirmation of this obervation by others.

greetings, stefan

debian @ goessling . de