samba printing

Hi Folks.
I know this is not exactly a laptop problem, but since I'm having it with
my laptop I ask it to you.
I've got (damn it!) an Epson printer connected to a Windows XP box. The
printer is shared with the other computers of the workgroup. One of these
computers is mine, which dual boots (with same IP) on linux and windows.
I've got samba (smbd and nmbd) running  and if I do
smbclient //servername/sharename
I get the smb prompt and can put stuff and get it printed. However, when I
try to configure cups, after I finish I get the following message from the
cups web-interface:

Location:
Printer State: processing, accepting jobs.
"Unable to connect to SAMBA host, will retry in 60 seconds...ERROR: SMB
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED"
Device URI: smb://MATEMATICA11/EPSON82

Furthermore, from the samba log file for the print server I get messages
like:

[2003/10/01 11:53:36, 0] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldap_open_connection(201)
  LDAPS option set...!
[2003/10/01 11:53:36, 0] passdb/secrets.c:fetch_ldap_pw(264)
  fetch_ldap_pw: no ldap secret retrieved!
[2003/10/01 11:53:36, 0] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldap_connect_system(308)
  ldap_connect_system: Failed to retrieve password for  from secrets.tdb

Does anybody have any idea what's going on?

By the way, I installed the "unix print service" or something like that on
the windows machine.

	Cheers
		Alessandro