Not so good pcmcia lan performance

Today a guy at work ask me to test my pcmcia nic card.  We transfered a big
file via NFS.  We watched the "performances" with nload.  The average
transfer speed was between 600 and 800 kBit/s.  I tried to transfer the same
file from the PC on my desk (less ram and CPU) and we got about 12000KBit/s.

That's a huge difference. I have a Xircom CBEM56G-100 (10/100 + modem) and I
use CardBus + yenta_socket on 2.6.0-test6.  I can't reboot now, as I say I'm
at work :o)  Is there a way to have better performance with my card?

	Nicolas
--
Thus spake the master programmer:
	"Time for you to leave."