Re: swsusp on Debian laptop (kernel 2.4.22)

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 13:01, Dmitry Astapov wrote:
> Evening, Jerome.
>
> Jerome BENOIT <jgmbenoit@wanadoo.fr> 15:43 23/9/2003 wrote:
>
>  JB> on my Debian (testing/unstable) laptop with kernel 2.4.22: I have just
>  JB> succeeded to apply the patch the Debian kernel-source package and
>  JB> built the kernel image: nevertheless before going further, I would
>  JB> hear about misadventures (or success stories) about it !
> Well, I had it working for quite a while on Sony Vaio F690 and kernel
> 2.4.18. No problems at all, given that you use suspend.sh script and stop
> USB services as possible before suspend. Now I have Toshiba 5100-901 and
> kernel 2.4.22. I gave newest swsusp a try and it works, but unfortunately
> nVidia drivers refuse to suspend, so there is no way (for my) to suspend
> with X running. Without X running it works nicely - I played with it coupla
> hours.
>
> --
> Dmitry Astapov //ADEpt
> GPG KeyID/fprint: F5D7639D/CA36 E6C4 815D 434D 0498  2B08 7867 4860 F5D7 639D

I am using swsusp 1.1-rc9 with kernels 2.4.22 and 2.4.23-pre4 and it
works fine. I am using it against the source from kernel source and not
the debian package. I usually use the latest kernels, which debian
doesn't have yet, and the extra patches that cause some rejects that I
don't fill like solving currently.
As for the nvidia problem. Try changing VT to a text console first, with
some cards it solves the problem (for most cards it makes them release
the hardware). If you are using the suspend.sh script there is an option
in the config file, otherwise you can use chvt if you use a custom
script.