Re: SiS630 video playback with mplayer and xine sucks cpu

On Sunday 14 September 2003 23:03, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen wrote:
> After reinstalling my ASUS A1300 laptop I am having big problems with video
> playback.
> Both mplayer (compiled locally) and xine shows very choppy video and cpu
> usage is through the roof.

I have switched from 24 bpp to 16 bpp in X. This cuts down on cpu usage
considerably. Everything works now, but I still think it's strange that 24
bpp strains the system that much.

Anders

--
This email was generated using KMail from KDE 3.1.3 on Debian GNU/Linux