Re: SiS 650 and text mode switching

Yes, I'm using the Thomas Winischhofer driver,
downloaded and installed via dpkg-reconfigure
But the problem seems to be the mode saving and
restoration, I insist. If I use Ctrl-Alt-F1 and then
Ctrl-Alt-F7, it appears the stripe and then returns to
graphical mode. While in this "banded virtual console"
I can work, I mean, change users, reboot, create
files. But there are no characters available, just
pixels, a reduced, distorted and restricted to the top
of the screen version of the text console.