Re: D-Link DWL-650 11Mbps WLAN Card, Version 01.02...

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn <cristian.ionescu-idbohrn@axis.com> writes:

> On Sat, 6 Sep 2003, Jaakko Niemi wrote:
>
>> Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn <cristian.ionescu-idbohrn@axis.com> writes:
>>
>> > ...kernel 2.4.19 and oricoco_cs driver.
>> >
>> > Anyone able to confirm this _should_ be possible?
>>
>>  I'm using same card. Works just fine with later kernels.
>
> Can you be more specific? I'm sceptical on using later kernels.
> I don't trust the cooling stuff, ACPI related (coming with the kernel
> tree), so, if possible, I'd like to stay with 2.4.19, for the time being.

 2.4.21 works without acpi, 2.4.22 and 2.6.0-test work fine with acpi
 on my thinkpad 570e and 600e that I'm using also. Of course you can
 always not use acpi and just use apm.

>> You propably want to upgrade the firmware on the card also.
>
> Pointers would be much appreciated.

 http://hostap.epitest.fi/hostap/2002-08/1701.html

 I don't think currently it's doable to do the upgrade from
 any free operating system, unfortunately.

                    --j