Re: ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 - Toshiba Tecra S1

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 08:03:07PM +0200, Oyvind Albrigtsen wrote:
> hi
>
> i just got my toshiba tecra s1, and it's got a ati mobility radeon 9000
> display adapter.
>
> i cant get it to work. i've been searching the net for information on
> how to make it work, but havent found anything that worked, except for
> using the vesa driver, which makes my framebuffer screw up. i even tried
> disabling the framebuffer, because some site said that would do it.
>
> i've tried with both the "ati" and "radeon" driver
> they both give me the message:
>
> (EE) No devices detected.
>
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found

Did you get it to work already? I bought an ASUS L5800C and it also has
a radeon 9000. I only get a black screen. Although I don't have the 'no
devices' error, I'm still interested in your experiences. I use X 4.3
from experimental and I think that should work...

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!