netenv configuration

I'm trying to work my way through the configuration examples for netenv
with my laptop:
	http://netenv.sourceforge.net/netenv-en.html#config
but I'm not sure how to configure my system from these examples.

I currently have two configurations:
AT HOME
	- DHCP ethernet (typically wireless)
	- CUPS connection to the printer
Config file looks like this:
netenv_id=At_home
export IPADDR=192.168.1.100
export NETWORK=192.168.1.0
export NETMASK=255.255.255.0
export BROADCAST=192.168.1.255
export GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
export PROFILE=default
(This is the default install from when I installed debian, I think. My
router is DHCP, but it seems to have no problems with me picking my own IP
address.)

AWAY
	- no ethernet
	- no printer
Config file looks like this:
netenv_id=No_Ethernet
# there is not internet/ethernet connection in this mode
STARTMODE=manual

This is what I'm confused about:
	- When I'm "at home" netenv is the first thing that loads when I boot
	  my computer--but my wireless card isn't loaded so netenv wastes
	  time trying to find a connection to the internet. What do I need to add to the
	  configuration to get my wireless card (which is an orinoco card using
	  the pcmcia-cs packages) to load so that netenv can find the internet?

	- I currently start fetchmail by hand depending on whether or not I
	  have an internet connection. I would like to add this variable to the
	  netenv config files so that fetchmail starts picking up mail IF I'm "at home".
	  Right now I'm not using a system-wide fetchmail, just one that's
	  configured through my home directory ~/.fetchmailrc (I'm not sure if that makes
	  sense...).

	- When I'm "away" I don't want the CUPS server running. It's not that
	  it's a bad thing, I just don't need it. How do I tell netenv not to
	  bother starting the CUPS server if I'm "away"? I also don't want
	  fetchmail running if there isn't an internet connection (which is my
	  current default).

Thanks for your suggestions on this configuration problem,
emma :)

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]