Touchpad mouse trouble

   I have installed debian 2.2 on Toshiba 1405-S151.  Sort of.
The default installation brings up gnome, and xterm more or less works.

  The keyboard tends to repeat letters.  I have been told I can fix this
by changing a "sticky keys" setting.  Could somebody tell me exactly
where the file is that I have to change, and what change to make there?

   My main problem is the touchpad mouse.  It jumps around uncontrollably,
and after a minute or so stops working altogether.

   Thanks very much for any help.