DELL D800 ACPI problems...

Hello everybody,
I am experiencing some problem in enabling ACPI support on my new DELL D800 system, basically when the machines boots report some errors in reading ACPI tables, I have read documentation on Acpi4Linux and I think I have understand that the way to correct the problem is to patch the ACPI source code with my custom ACPI BIOS image DSDT. The problem is that the debian kernel source tree is slightly different from the "original" branch at least for the ACPI section.

Is there any hope to use Debian source tree with DSDT support, I have noticed that the problem I have is quite common to all people using DELL , Compaq or HP laptop...

Moreover would it be available patches to support laptop funcionalities eg. cpuscaling, swsuspend... in debian distribution?

Thanks to everybody
ANdreaT