Re: x troubles on hp omnibook 4100

On Sunday 24 August 2003 06:54 pm, Matt Price wrote:
> subsidiary question: do you use an external mouse?  my touchpad is
> either a little sticky, or not configured quite right (I assume the
> latter, since you reported no problems) -- the left-click button
> doesn't seem to want to 'MouseUp' most of the time.  For fun I tried
> connecting a random USB mouse to the USB port, but even though the
> config includes a second "generic mouse" in the server setup
> (identical to the mouse setup on my desktop, which is where I pulled
> the mouse in questio from), I couldn't get it to work.  Did you have
> to do anything fancy with the mice, like set up devices or something?
>
> thanks again,

I usually use a ps/2 mouse, but the touch pad and the stick mouse both
work fine(as do all the buttons) with the config that was created by
debconfig. I haven't tried to set USB up in the kernel yet, so I don't
know if I can help there.

...Rob

--
A doctor once told me that I was a psychotic and schizo...so I smashed
him in the head with my space lazer and told me to run.