Wireless

Michael Cole
936 Josephine Crescent
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
757 420-3804 Home/Fax
colemw@highstream.net
colemw@mpjcri.net

I am using Debian with Linux 2.4.21-4-686 on a Dell Inspiron 3200.  I have a D-Link AirPlus 650+ and am trying to get it to work.  I have done the HOWTO_install acx100.txt from the support link from D-Link but can't seem to get the card to recognize the Access Point or vice versa.  I have a D-Link DI-615+ router.  It works with windows installed.  I have tried the acx100sta-2.4.21-0.13mdk driver whick was perported to work with the 2.4.21 kernel in debian.  Do I have to reconfigure the kernel to use CONFIG_NET_WIRELESS, CONFIG_NET_RADIO and CONFIG_NET_PCMCIA_RADIO or is this a default in current debian kernels?
I have resolv.conf set up.  I also have a CompUSA card that uses RLT8139too module and that works fine.  Although I get insmod errors when I try to load this card on boot up.  But it does fine with modconf.
Thanks for any assistance.
Later,
Michael