Re: [ACPI-sppt] dsdt for sony vaio (athelon - pcg-fxa53)

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 19:42, Olivier Fauchon wrote:
> Here is my dsdt (Sony vaio FX 801) Athlon XP / Via chipset.
>
> Lid event, power button event, Battery & temperature works
> Suspend on disk S4 is ok !
> i'm running 2.6.0.test2 cvs .
>
> I had no luck with S3 (suspend on ram)
> It doesn't resume.
>
> I'm trying to debug it .
>
> Tell me if you have informations...

After some work I compared with the dsdt table on my Sony vaio fxa-53
(also Athlon XP / Via chipset) and they are almost the same (one letter
difference after disassemble-compile-disassemble).
did have to fix a minor errors on it as it didn't compile properly.
(missing return value and using uninitialized variables).
Also had to fix the notify message on the ac (ACAD) to get the ac
messages. I am still not getting temperature messages but that doesn't
worry me as much since I don't need them.
S4 under 2.4.21 kernel and swsusp works fine, S3 is broken (no hints I
am afraid). S4 under 2.6.0-test{1,2,3} is broken. Under load (matlab and
evolution running together) suspend fails, still no clues, if anyone has
any ideas (it reaches the suspend part between freeing memory and
writing pages where it wakes up again part way).
My halt and reboot command are broken though. The computer reaches the
power down message and locks for halt and for reboots it reboots, show
the startup screen and locks with the hard drive lamp on.
Anyone have the same experience, ideas to solutions? It worked fine
earlier, can't tell when it broke. Windows reboots and shuts down fine,
linux halts with apm but not with acpi (even unpatched).
echo 5 > /proc/acpi/sleep turns of the computer fine though. To get halt
to work I changed the state it sends the bios for S5 to S4 in the kernel
and it seems to halt ok now, although I am guessing that this is not the
solution.