Re: mini/micro ATX w/ PCI

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 11:56:01PM -0400, James wrote:
> I see  "VIA" everywhere, but, I  do not have any  experience with this
> chipset, to build a router.

today I tested a via mini itx board, with the nehemiah processor. Really
cool. everything works, the nic works with the via-rhine module. There's
a problem: the  pci bus isn't parallel  to the board and if  you try the
riser card they sell with the board  the pci cards have to be plugged on
the wrong side (they're not on the mainboard but on it's side).

So if you want a sandwich-pc maybe it's not the best you can buy. If you
need a board for a U1(not sure it fits in)/U2 rack router get it.

Bye

--
Non c'è più forza nella normalità, c'è solo monotonia.