HP OmniBook 4150B battery problem

hello,

sorry for offtopic. i'm about to buy a new battery for my notebook and i want
to be sure it will solve my problem.  my problem is that apm detects battery is
fully charged, when i unplug AC adaptor, notebook dies due to powerloss. this
behaving has started after my notebook had been put to wet table. so i'm
interested whether my troubles are caused by damaged battery or damaged main
board.  everything else works.  anybody solved similar problem?

thanks for your replies
sasha