Re: No carrier - IBM Thinkpad R31 AC'97 modem

Hi Johan,

> Using slmdm-2.7.14 software I can get the modem on the R31 to phone.

<snip>

> The handshaking process fails every time.

Same here on my Fujitsu-Siemens e7010. I use version 2.4.10 which works
without a problem. With 2.4.14 sometimes i don't get a carrier but most of
the times it "hickups" during the dial which leads to dial the wrong number.
I can hear this if I turn on the speakers of my notebook.

This seems not to be a bug of the debian package, I get the same error if I
install the original 2.4.14 pseudo source package.

cheers

Christian
--
Christian Worm