Re: CF-root

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 02:42:25PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 16:51 2003-07-08 +0100 hat Hugh Saunders geschrieben:
> >
> >hello,
> >Im attempting to run a laptop [vaio PCG-F304] without a hard disk. The
> >plan is to have the root fs on a CF disk in a pcmcia adapter.
>
> CAN YOU BOOT FROM THE PCMCIA ADAPTER ???
no, not unless you have a vfunky bios!

my idea was to boot off floppy then have initrd with pcmcia stuff so can
then chroot to the flash, but i couldnt get the initrd on the same
floppy as the kernel and dont know how you get the kernel to use a
seperate initrd disk.

but it does look like i'll be getting one of the ide-cf thingies.

--
hugh