Re: Debian on Compaq Presario 2132

"Musang S.X." <musangsx@yahoo.com> wrote:
Has anybody tried and succeeded in installing Debian
3.0 (Woody) on a Compaq Presario 2132 notebook? Care
to share and enlighten me, I'm still trying here, and
would like to ask some questions...

1. Does anybody have a complete hardware technical
spec of the Compaq Presario 2132 (or 2100 family in
general), regarding the chipsets of the modem,
ethernet, PCMCIA, sound card, video card, wireless
network, etc...?

2. What's this ACPI and DSDT thing I've been reading
about? If I download the kernel-source-2.4.21.deb
package, do I still have to apply an ACPI patch to it?
I've RTFM, but still can't quite grasp the idea...

Probably more questions to follow... :-p

OK, TIA...

MSX