Re: latitude 640 resuming X

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 11:08:49PM +0200, Jaroslaw Psikuta wrote:
> Hey
> I have a problem on latitude 640 (radeon 7500) , debian woody, XFree 4.3, kernel 2.4.21
> When i close my laptop and after while i open it -  screen is not avaible - i cant see anything - only blinking stripes. Anyone can me tell why?
>
> User

Last time I saw that, it was because suspending while X was foremost
gave the machine indigestion - around the time that the Savage chipset
was new.  Workaround was, don't suspend from GUI mode.  Real answer was:
run a framebuffer kernel, with a framebuffer "text" mode activated.
Then the console switcher features properly cleaned up the video, as the
X driver was not doing.

Best of luck

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...
                * Starshine Technical Services -*- 800 938 4078