Re: comapq armada m700 & ATI Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x

hi bernhard...

* "Dr. Bernhard Kleine" <bernhard.kleine@mne.uka.de> [2003-07-16 11:58 +0200]:

> whenever I try to look for xv it is not found in debian woody. How do
> you expect to use Xv extensions and xv, when there is not program with
> this name?

xv (XVideo) is an extension of XFree86 which is part of "extmod". there
is no program "xv" to find (though perhaps somewhere it might exist).
usually it is activated by having

Load    "extmod"

somewhere in the section "Module" in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.

if you want to watch videos, you should try mplayer, xine, ogle, xanim.

hth,
 sebastian

--
::: sebastian henschel