Re: CF-root

Am 09:46 2003-07-09 +0200 hat Stefan Rotsch geschrieben:

>Am Die, 2003-07-08 um 17.51 schrieb Hugh Saunders:
>Hello Hugh,
>
>> Im attempting to run a laptop [vaio PCG-F304] without a hard disk. The
>> plan is to have the root fs on a CF disk in a pcmcia adapter.
>Have you ever thought about an IDE-CF adapter? It allows replacing the
>laptop's internal HD with a CF card (I hope there is space for an
>internal HD in your laptop). The BIOS threatens such an adapter-CF-combo
>as a "regular" HD, so you can boot your laptop without any additional
>floppies or CD-ROMs. IMHO a quite inexpensive solution (google says
>about $20), which could save you the time for figuring out how to fit
>all the modules required for PCMCIA on a floppy.
>
>Regards,
>Stefan

Hallo Stephan,

I have a NEC Versa 33/S and have bought for
29 Euro a oudle Doppel-IDE-CF-Adapter.

Speak, 128 MB for system und 128 MB for Daten.

It fits very good inside...
2mm more and it is finished.

I think, it is the best and simplest solution.

Gruesse
Michelle