System timer error when loading NIC card ?

Hey Folks..

  I had something interesting happen to me on my
TOshiba T4700-CT Debian Woody Laptop.  I got an error
after inserting my NIC card and rebooting.  I heard a
repeating tone and an error that stated "Kernel bug
system timer loaded twice"..  also note that after
powering down, removing the card, and rebooting that
no error occurred.

   Can I get some insight as to why that occurred ?

THanks !

Mark