Re: ide CD Bruner

Am Son, 2003-07-06 um 14.58 schrieb mi:
> Does anybody know if cdrecord recently supports ide burning ?
>
> I look for a *bootable* CD rw that is supported by linux ide burning ... any
> model hints ?
Every modern cdrecorder manufactured in the last years should work without
any problems. Mostly not being able to boot is a bios problem.

> I've exchanged the original cd with a teac W 24E CD rw, and now the lap
> doesn't boot no more from cd. Is this a well-known effect ? It's an Dell
> Inspiron 5000 manufactured around 1999/2000, BIOS A08.

Recent versions of cdrecord are able to use the ATAPI method to burn cdroms.
This method is aside of the classic ide-scsi method nd is that what some
people would call "native" burning.
I do not know if the woody version has already this method, but the sid
and sarge version does.
If you want to use it try:

cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATAPI:
then you should see something like this:

scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'TOSHIBA ' 'DVD-ROM SD-R2312' '1708' Removable
CD-ROM

Then you are lucky and are able to use the ATAPI transport method:

cdrecord -speed XX dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 -eject -v XXXX.iso

But be carefull, this method is marked a beta. But I use it for several
months without any problems.

formorer

--
Alexander "formorer" Wirt       KeyID: BC7D020A
EMail: formorer@formorer.de     ICQ: 28651245