Re: 2.4 Kernel Stability

You're confusing debian versions with kernel versions. Debian woody (3.0)
can run on top of a 2.4.x kernel - I do it with 2.4.20, which I had to
download by hand from packages.debian.org, but if you're OK with 2.4.18,
you can get it with apt-get:

cd /usr/src
apt-get install kernel-source-2.4.18
bunzip2 kernel-source*bz