Re: How can i cool down my CPU?

Heather Stern wrote:

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 10:36:49AM +0100, Paulo Lopes wrote:
Hi,

I've a debian woody system and although my system load is low, (i make a top and the i get arround 99.3% idle) my laptop burns my legs...

You don't mention which hardware, so I can't tell if that's normal (a
desktop chip being used in a mobile chassis, perhaps?) or an immediate
warning to seek out a laptop repair center.

It's a clevo 2700C (www.clevo.com.tw)

Core logic: SiS630
Processor PentiumIII 1000Mhz Copermine
Laptop Bios version from clevo 1.13
APM Bios 1.2
APM flags 0x03 (cpu slows on idle)
ACPI 1.0b (doesn't suspend, does not support S3 state)
RAM 512Mb

Is this "I can heat my lunch iunder there" warm or "I had to get treated for
welts" hot?

:-) if i turn it on in the morning i can frie some eggs if i want too :-)

If it's an Intel you might be able to get it to speedstep down to its
slower mode.

I've applyed the cpufreq kernel patch and tryed the cpufreqd and it doesn't work, speedstep reports that my processor is not supported it ain't a speedstep, it's a Pentium3 Copermine (as it says on /proc/cpuinfo)

Paulo Lopes