Re: Help selecting used laptop and peripherals to run debian woody

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 01:17:06PM -0400, Pierre B wrote:
> I've been asked to help someone select and  buy a second hand
> laptop and install debian (woody) on it.
>
> I'm seeking advice concerning both trouble free installation,
> and, more importantly, trouble free use.

Do not get a ThinkPad 600. I bought one used and installed woody on it
with relatively few problems for the newbie I was at the time.  The
real problem is not linux-specific and has to do with rapidly
decreasing battery life.  It's a shame, because other than that I have
been very happy with my TP600, but as a desktop machine.

Here is a page about it:

http://www.levien.com/tp600-battery.html

hth

Joe