Re: alternate boot for internet connection

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 10:25:48AM -0400, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> Hey all:
>
> While we're on the topic of internet connections at boot....How could I
> make two entries in lilo: one for at home with a wireless internet, and
> one for "away" with no internet connection? I'd like to use the same
> kernel, just change some of the other stuff that loads. Is it possible to
> select which /etc/network/interfaces is called through lilo?

You could try netenv:

    http://netenv.sourceforge.net/

Personally, I use the interactive mode of netenv, but the docs say you
can also use a kernel parameter passed in via an append statement in
/etc/lilo.conf to select your network environment.

Greetinx, Jan
 |    *NEW*    email: kim@inb.uni-luebeck.de                          |
 |    *NEW*    WWW:   http://www.inb.uni-luebeck.de/staff/kim.html    |