problems with PackardBell igo 3451 keyboard

Hello!
I have installed Debian 3.0 r1 (woody) about 1125454789545 times; and afterthat i've decided finally to write to this mailing...

I install the base system almost without problems, excepting PCMCIA's; in order to be able to boot the machine i have to put "linux single" on lilo and chmod 000 /etc/init.d/pcmcia, otherwise the machine blocks on PCMCIA detection. The i reboot and proceed to update and upgrade the system and afterwards i try to compile the 2.4.20 kernel with the appropiate option for my machine.
And when i've finished the procedure and reboot the machine with the just-compiled kernel i have _no_ keyboard... :-?!?!?!?
I have to add that at startup moment when i'm to install base system and booting from CD, i can't boot with "fb24" because it gives me a really nice "kernel panic" and then i have to boot in "normal way", i mean, with 2.2.20-ide-pci; and with THAT (and no other) kernel installed on the machine, when it boots it runs with no problems, excepting the previously disable PCMCIA's.

And then i wonder... why the hell the machine boots properly with 2.2 kernel and it does NOT with 2.4??????
Well, it boots, but with NO keyboard; with PCMCIA's running properly but what's the funcionallity for a lap-top without local keyboard?

Please help!!!!
Any idea??
Need any more data???

Sorry for mail's length...

Greetings from Spain: Pepe

Yahoo! Messenger
Nueva versión: Super Webcam, voz, caritas animadas, y más ¡Gratis!