Small Wlan + XFree86 problem

I'm using an atmel wlan card with the atmelwlandriver from sourceforge,
and I'm having some problems:

The card works great, but when I start or stop my Xserver while the card is
plugged in, my system freezes. If I remove the card while starting or
stopping the Xserver, I don't have this problem.

It's not really annoying, but sometime I forget to remove the card...

Is anyone else here using these drivers and experiencing the same
problem ? Oh, I'm using Debian unstable.

Thanks
Dick