Re: Debian Upgrade

On Fri, 23 May 2003, Michael Rose wrote:

> I have an install of debian woody on my system and have been wanting to
> upgrade to sarge for some time now but still can't figure out how. I
> read something about debian-installer but idunno how to get that. I have
> tried dist-upgrade but all that does is upgrade some of my packages.
> Does ne one know how I can go about this? Thanx

You also might want to change your settings in /etc/apt/sources.conf. If
apt is only offered the woody packages instead of sarge packages, it can't
install the sarge packages :)

Basicly, all you need to do is change every "stable" to "testing" and
every "woody" to "sarge" and rerun apt-get dist-upgrade, as far as I
remember.

Bjoern