Re: transfering files from 2 computers

Get ssh working on the computers and connect and make sure that you have a
network working between them (try ping or similar).

Then use:
tar cvf - <directory/file> | gzip -9 | ssh <ip_address/name> tar -zxf -

on the computer with the directory/file.

What this does is to tar the directory/file, pipe it to gzip for compression
and then pipe it using ssh to the other computer where it is uncompressed to
its original state.

Good luck.

Craig