WLAN Problems

Hi,

I finally got my WLAN going, but some problems remain. I hope you
could provide me with some useful tips and some pointers to
documentation.

I run Woody on a Lifebook P-2110 with an integrated WLAN. The kernel
is 2.4.20 from kernel.org with some ck-patches (1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10) and
one patch required for the Lifebook's IDE chipset.

The other end of the WLAN is a Netgear Router/AP.

I build AbsoluteValue's linux-wlan-ng 0.2.0 and had no problems
building the _pci driver. After installation, I run the commands
listed in README and got the thing going!

Now the problem:
I want to use WEP of course (no, I won't rely on it), so I set up this
file like described in one of the startup scripts:
    /etc/wlan/wlancfg-mySSID
In this file I have the following settings set different from the
stock wlancfg-DEFAULT:
- - - Schnipp - - -
lnxreq_hostWEPEncrypt=true     # true|false
lnxreq_hostWEPDecrypt=true     # true|false
dot11PrivacyInvoked=true	# true|false

dot11WEPDefaultKey0=<secret>              # format: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx   or
dot11WEPDefaultKey1=<secret>              #         xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
dot11WEPDefaultKey2=<secret>              #  e.g.   01:20:03:40:05   or
dot11WEPDefaultKey3=<secret>              #         01:02:03:04:05:06:07:08:09:0a:0b:0c:0d

AuthType="sharedkey"		# opensystem | sharedkey (requires WEP)
- - - Schnapp - - -

With this setup, I started/stopped wlan0, and get these messages:
- - - Schnipp - - -
Starting WLAN Devices:message=dot11req_mibset
  mibattribute=dot11WEPDefaultKeyID=3
  resultcode=success
message=dot11req_mibset
  mibattribute=dot11ExcludeUnencrypted=true
  resultcode=success
message=dot11req_mibset
  mibattribute=dot11PrivacyInvoked=true
  resultcode=success
message=dot11req_mibset
  mibattribute=dot11WEPDefaultKey0=<secret>
  resultcode=success
message=dot11req_mibset
  mibattribute=dot11WEPDefaultKey1=<secret>
  resultcode=success
message=dot11req_mibset
  mibattribute=dot11WEPDefaultKey2=<secret>
  resultcode=success
message=dot11req_mibset
  mibattribute=dot11WEPDefaultKey3=<secret>
  resultcode=success
- - - Schnapp - - -

No error messages, but no juice either, I am not connected. I scanned
the FAQ for anything WEP but couldn't find anything related to my
problem. Now I'm at a loss about what to try next.

Do you have a hint you could give me? What documentation could help
me? What could I do to pinpoint the problem?

tia,
Thorsten
--
Endorsing products is the American way of expressing individuality.
    - Calvin