Re: wireless device has ip, can't ping

Obi,

Thanks for the reply, i actually figured out what the problem was,
finally. Often i just try out new stuff, usually after i know that
something works, sometimes before and that can get you into those grey
areas.

I was plugging my WAP into a hardware router, not directly into my cable
line so i was connecting fine to the internet but that WAP could not
recieve the DNS servers through the router, which i still think is odd.
If i use my other debian box as a NAT/firewall and go into that first
then to the WAP, it will get the dns.

Thanks again.

>>> Obi <graziano@cs.ucsb.edu> 05/03/03 1:58 PM >>>
I think that the other options would be to instruct your WAP to give
you back a different DNS server. Mine has this option in the
configuration.

dhclient.conf is the same file: it just changed place lately (I'm
running sid). If you edit the file you'll see a lot of commented out
options and one of them is something like:
	prepepnd domanin-name-servers ...
and you can then put yours in there.

ciao
graziano