Re: 3d Acceleration Radeon 7500M - Tuxracer runs really slow!

Hi Ben,

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 10:02:03AM +1000, ben wrote:
> stage 2..
>
> I have dri working now (sort of?) and drm installed.
> being a bit of a noob at x (& linux in general) I just copied my modeline
> section from 1400x1050 and duplicated it for  all resolutions.

that's not too good without modifying it and adapt it to the new
resolution.

> now when I run Tuxracer I just get a blue screen, with sound.
> no actual graphics.
>
> the modelines Read along the lines of:
>
> # 800x600 @ 60Hz, 65.8 kHz hsync
>        Modeline "800x600"  129   1400 1464 1656 1960
>                              1050 1051 1054 1100 +HSync +VSync

That's the point. The Modeline specifies the pixel-points of the end of
screen, sync begin and end and so on. You have to recalculate the
Modelines in this way:

800x600
  Modeline "800x600" 129 800 864 1056 1360
                         600 601 604 650 +HSync +VSync

I don't think, that this will work out of the Box, but you should
understand for what the Modelines actually were specified. However, I
cannot switch between different resolutions interactively, too, but I
tried kxconfig, a module for the kontrolcenter (I assume using KDE),
which gave me reasonable Modelines.

HTH,

jochen