Re: system fan on Dell Inspiron 8000 after suspend

Haidiehoo Michael,

Yes, same here on a Dell Latitude C510.

My solution: (not the nicest, but ok): "Fn"-key + "Z"-key OR "Fn"-key + "N"-key

I got this key combination from someone else on this mailinglist.

grtz,

Asim

Michael K O'Brien wrote:

Hola~

I had Dell service my Inspiron 8000. Of course, the upgraded the bios. Now,
when I open the laptop from a suspend, the system fan starts up and never
quits until I shutdown the machine.

The kicker is that the system fan problem only occurs with Debian, not with
Windows. I've got Debian, unstable with kernel 2.4.20.

Anyone else have this problem?

MO