Re: Pcmcia network card startup

 --- Russell Shaw <rjshaw@iprimus.com.au> escribió: > Hi,
> I've installed and used the pcmcia-cs package on debian.
>
> When i plug a 3com 3c589c pcmcia NIC in, then the card
> is detected and started, but to get it to appear as eth0
> in "ifconfig", i need to do /etc/init.d/networking restart.
> Is there a standard way of making this happen automatically?

$ apt-cache search hotplug
fxload - Firmware download to EZ-USB devices
hotplug - Linux Hotplug Scripts
murasaki - another HotPlug Agent
pcmcia-cs - PCMCIA Card Services for Linux.
hotplug-utils - Linux Hotplug utility programs

I believe some of these programs will allow you to do what you want, but YMMV.
I am not totally sure sice I don't use my laptop's PCMCIA.

-Roberto Sanchez

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es