Re: [OT] aRTs: unable to connect

On Sunday April 27 2003 15:23, Mauro Darida wrote:
> Hello all,
> I have discovered that kde sound server aRTs after a while just disappears.

I would be interested to know why it disappears. You can start it from the
command line with
artswrapper -l0

This will give you a realtime artsd with debugging output. When it dies it
normally tells you what happend.

> In fact, the command: 'artsshell status' returns: 'unable to connect to
> sound server'. I have to re-login to restart aRTs.

That's not needed. For one you can always just start aRts from the command
line. If you're using KDE it's even easier (you don't have to know the right
switches). Just run 'kcminit arts'. This will start aRts with the options you
specified in KControl.

> It is configured to run
> with realtime scheduling (no suspend mode). What can I do to have it always
> active?

Well, it shouldn't die...

--
C'ya