Cannot Mount CDRom and Sound Issuses

Im using Debian Unstable

On my desktop machines I can mount /cdrom and then I will be able to see the cdrom but on my laptop I cannot. I tried mount /cdrom and mount /dev/cdrom and mount /dev/hdc but nothing works. I just have 1 cdrom drive in my laptop and im lost to how to access it.

On to the sound issues. I ran sndconfig and it said that it found a pci sound card and when it tried to play a test sound I couldnt hear it. Then I looked at my xconsole and it said it found the same card and using AC_97. I still cannot get sound and I have a Conexant audio card. How can I get sound?

Thanks,
-Frank