Re: Writing Cd's with TOSHIBA SD-R21021715

Am Fre, 2003-04-25 um 05.27 schrieb ben:
> Hi All!
>
> I am trying to enable cd-writing with my Asus L3800 Laptop which has a toshiba SD-R21021715 combo DVD-CDR/RW
> I am running Debian Woody with the 2.4.20 Kernel from Kernel.org.
> The kernel has been patched with acpi & Asus tweak (which is working really well!!)
> Currently I have enabled sccsi emulation & disabled ide cdrom in the kernel.
> The system boots fine and I can read cd's without any problems..
> Unfortunately I can't burn em!
I have the same laptop.
With recent versions (testing) of cdrecord its possible to write cds
withous SCSI Emulation. This works fine for me. You have just to use
dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 as device option. This works also with xcdroast.

formorer

--
Alexander "formorer" Wirt       KeyID: BC7D020A
EMail: formorer@formorer.de     ICQ: 28651245