Re: using an old laptop as a base station

Le 12161ième jour après Epoch, drew cohan écrivait:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know where I can find information on how to build a wireless
> base station from an old laptop using debian?  As of right now, I've been
> able to setup a 486 laptop with eth0 & eth1, eth0 being wired and eth1 being
> a wireless card under debian 3.0r1 with bf2.4 kernel (works well).  What I
> don't know how to do is to take information from eth0 and pass it onto eth1
> to act as a wireless base station.

Do the same with wired cards :)

Specify ip_forward=yes into /etc/network/options is the first step. There is
probably a good HOWTO describing routing linux systems.

--
He who is in love with himself has at least this advantage -- he won't
encounter many rivals.