Re: problem configuring pcmcia card

Renaud de Villemeur, 2003-Apr-18 10:10 +0200:
> En réponse à Jeff <jcoppock1@attbi.com>:
>
> > As for the modem on the PCMCIA card, you need to have pcmica serial
> > card services enabled in the kernel to use that.
>
> The module is correctly loaded, but I can't figure out which serial drive
> is now created. /dev/ttyS?? I guess, but what are the ??. Where can I find
> that information. I can't see it in the kernel message log (I was looking
> for something like 'kernel: ttyS?? probing, but I must be wrong)

The serial device gets assigned upon card insertion, or at boot time,
whichever comes first.  Check /var/log/syslog and /var/log/dmesg and
it will be listed there if it's working properly.  Mine is
/dev/ttyS4.  You could also run minicom and try the different serial
devices and type an AT command until you get a response.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User