Re: Change interface name

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 10:49:46PM -0700, Jeff wrote:
> I'd like to have it use wlan0 when it loads up instead of eth0 as the
> interface name, but I can't find how to do that.  My google searches
> haven't turned up anything that works and I haven't found anything
> searching the list archive.

You cant. the driver registers the card as 'eth', not 'wlan'. AFAIAA,
linux-wlan-ng is the only set of drivers that registers 'wlan' devices.

(find the module source, you'll see 'eth' hardcoded)

Mike.
--
Mike Beattie <mike@ethernal.org>                      ZL4TXK, IRLP Node 6184

            yip yip yip yip yip yip yap yap yip *BANG* NO TERRIER