Re: ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> Does anyone know weather ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility, is supposed to have
> 3D support in XFree86 4.3.0 or not? In XFree86's page, there is no
> mention about the the mobility cards, and I guess these cards use a
> diffrent chipset, than the normal desktop versions.

I have the "FireGL" 7800, but the core of that and the 7500 are
identical -- it's all in the Windows drivers. :/

Anyway, that bitching aside, you can get 3D hardware acceleration with
this chipset, yes. I have used it in the past and it works fairly well.

The one issue that I found was my machine, an IBM Thinkpad A31p, would
hang hard once in every three days or so, and only while completely
idle, if I have DRM support enabled.

      Daniel

--
The first atrocity, the first war crime committed in any war of
aggression by the aggressors is against the truth.