wireless.opts

Is there some trick to enabling wireless.opts in debian?

I have edited the file to meet the configuration of my network and deleted the four lines following this one:
# NOTE : Remove the following four lines to activate the samples below ...

nothing seems to happen however!

I can manually set my configuration and at this stage have a little script that does this for me, but would prefer to use wireless.opts to do it for me.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Cheers,

Ben.