Re: Acer TM 634 fan always on

Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 08:40:11AM +0200, stavel@brailcom.org wrote:
> > I have got TM Acer 632 and the fan is nearly always turn off.
>
> Mine is too under windows!! I reboot into windows and the fan turns off.
>
> > I guess it depends on that you propably didn't include acpi.
> > ACPI is responsible for that.
>
> I don't know what that is.

Hi Emma,

ACPI is a newer alternative to APM (much clearer know, right;-)

It's a scheme for handling e.g. power save functions, you can enable it
when you compile your kernel.  It's not included in the "default"
kernel, and I don't think (not sure though) it's supported from a module
with these kernels either.

If you know how to compile your own kernel simply choose acpi instead of
apm (never got anything working with apm on my TM632), if you don't I
assume you can find a kernel with acpi enabled somewhere around.  (Worst
case I can send you one, but not today as I left the laptop at home.)

Sincerely yours,
	Emil